Do you want to grow your Pinterest account and drive traffic to your site, but just don't know where to start? Pinterest can be an incredibly powerful social media tool and there's so much you can do to make your Pinterest account more effect at bringing traffic to your site. It can also get really overwhelming, really quick. This master list of Pinterest tips and links to helpful resources can help.
The items on this list are certainly not intended to be done all at once. Instead, do one item at a time, when you have the time. Each item takes a few minutes, but can reap big rewards of more engagement on your Pinterest account in the form of likes, repins and followers. More engagement on your Pinterest account can lead to more traffic back to your blog or website. Who doesn't want that?
You may even find that you're already doing some of the items on this list. If so, give yourself a well deserved pat on the back! Ok, are you ready? Here are over 35 quick easy things you can do to grow your Pinterest account and drive traffic to your site:
1. Get rich pins. (find out how to get rich pins here)
2. Pin eye-catching and attractive images.
3. When creating your own images, use titles & text overlay on the images to inform pinners what the pin is about.
4. Comment on pins.
5. Pin variety, not just your content.
6. Check the link on a pin to make sure it goes to the correct site before repinning.
7. Pin throughout the day, not all at once.
8. Pin everyday.
9. Use a pin scheduler to automate your pinning. (find out how to get free Pinterest schedulers here)
10. Create and pin long, vertical images. They're easier to see in the Pinterest feed and get more repins.
11. Install the Pinterest browser button. It makes it easy to pin the great ideas you find from around the web. (get it here)
12. Write a good pin description with keywords to optimize searches within Pinterest. If repining, edit the existing description if needed.
13. Before pinning content from your blog or website, make sure you've used keywords to name your image files to help them show up in Pinterest searches.
14. Organize boards. (tips on how to keep Pinterest boards organized here)
15. Join group boards. (find out how to join Pinterest group boards here)
16. Use related and attractive images for board covers.
17. Title boards with specific, descriptive names and keywords to optimize SEO.
18. Write clear, keyword specific descriptions for each of your boards.
19. Follow other boards.
20. Create boards that relate to your blog's or business's topic.
21. Place boards with your content at the top of your Pinterest page.
22. Link your other social media accounts to your Pinterest account. (Go to your Pinterest "account settings" and then go to "social networks."
23. Use Pinterest analytics.
24. Follow other Pinterest accounts.
25. Verify your account - this allows you to include a link back to your site.
26. Upload your image or logo for your Pinterest profile image.
27. Write a clear description in your profile so people know what your Pinterest page, blog or website is all about.
28. If you have a website that generates an income, even it it's just a little bit, get a Pinterest business account. (find out how here)
Blog or Website
29. Make it easy to pin content from your blog or website by including a "pin it" button on your site.
30. Make it easy to follow your Pinterest account with a "follow me" button on your site.
31. Use Pinterest widgets to embed boards and display your most recent pins on your site. (get Pinterest widgets here)
Follow Pinterest Etiquette (read more about Pinterest etiquette here)
32. Avoid pinning too much at one time.
33. Pin from a specific URL not the main blog page or from a Google search.
34. Follow posted rules when pinning to group board.
35. Engage and participate - stay active on Pinterest by liking, commenting, pinning, and following.
36. Curate great content to make your boards an excellent resource on your topic or area of focus.
37. Pin good quality, informative, eye catching content.
You've come to the right place!
Original article and pictures take http://www.thepinjunkie.com/2015/06/master-list-of-pinterest-tips.html?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=This+Week+on+The+Pin+Junkie+6/25/15&utm_campaign=20150619_m126255079_ site