среда, 23 марта 2016 г.

Make Feather Earrings from Leather Scraps

Make Feather Earrings from Leather Scraps
Make Feather Earrings from Leather Scraps

How To Make Feather Earrings

Sometimes I see something that just catches my eye and I think about making it myself…and usually I forget about it……but now there is Pinterest and I can save a ton of ideas {I truly think if you could possibly weigh my boards they would weigh several tons} and when I can’t sleep or I need something to soothe my nerves I head on over to Pinterest and either pin a frenzy of new pins or go through my old ones. I had seen similar earrings to these and thought I would try to make a pair. They were easier than I thought they would be and I love how they turned out!


Supplies:


Feather Earrings_Leather 2

Soft and fairly thin leather scrap {think selvage ~ if you have an old leather handbag, wallet, coat, etc., save that leather for a craft like this}


Gold Craft Paint {optional} and paint brush


Feather Earrings_Leather 3

French wire for earrings


Sewing machine


Feather Earrings_Leather 9

Small pair of sharp fabric scissors


Feather Earrings_Leather 4

1. Draw the outline of a feather on a piece of cardboard and cut out.


Feather Earrings_Leather 5

2. Trace pattern onto the wrong side of the leather.


Feather Earrings_Leather 7

3. Use small sharp scissors to make fringes.


Feather Earrings_Leather 8

4. Sew a straight stitch down the left of center then back up to the top of the ‘leather feather’.


Feather Leather Earrings from Cupcakes and Crinoline

5. Make a small hole at the top of the earring and run ring through this hole and then add the french wire.


Feather Earrings_Leather 11

6. If desired, brush a light coating of the gold paint on the bottom one-third of your earrings. *Note that once this is dry you will need to gently separate the fringes.


These would be pretty to wear in the spring and summer with a prairie skirt or jeans and a light weave ruffled-shirt and cowboy boots!


I hope you enjoy!


Sharing at: Share it Sunday, Link it or Lump it, Our Sunday Best Showcase, Monday Funday, Twirl & Take a Bow, From Dream to Reality, Sweet Haute, Made U Look, Tidy Mom


Print Friendly


Original article and pictures take http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2014/02/07/make-feather-earrings/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий