I love my store-brand makeup remover wipes.
I use them everyday and every night. They make me happy.
However, those store-bought wipes aren’t cheap. And I seem to buzz right through them fast, like scary fast. So in order to save some money and not have to run to the store all of the time, I decided it was time for DIY Homemade Makeup Remover Pads.
The original recipe appeared on Beautylish, but I changed things up a little bit so they were closer to my beloved store brand and I LOVE THEM! I hope you do too.
What you will need:
- 2 squirts of tear-free baby wash
- 2 cups of purified water
- Optional: Tea Tree Essential Oil (will help with acne, but should NOT be used on the eyes) or Frankincense Essential Oil (will help rejuvenate the skin and decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles)
- Microwaveable bowl
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2 squirts of tear-free baby wash and 2 cups of purified water.
2. Microwave in 10-20 second increments until melted and well blended.
3. Place about 50 cotton pads in you quart jar.
4. Pour your liquid mixture over your pads in the jar. Press pads down to help soak up the liquid. Add more pads to fit, pressing down.
5. Secure lid tight and keep in a dry, cool place.
6. Use your pads to remove your makeup daily.
And don’t forget about our DIY Homemade Eye Cream.
Want more information like this? Be sure to follow my Hair, Makeup and Beauty Board on Pinterest.
Original article and pictures take http://redefinedmom.com/diy-homemade-makeup-remover-pads/#_a5y_p=3224181 site