Basic Makeup Essentials Kit for Beginners
Figuring out what makeup essentials you need as a beginner is easy once you figure out that you don’t need everything (one tube of mascara at a time). There will always be new cosmetics, but if you are just starting out, buying the beauty basics will save you from collecting mass amounts of lipstick and eyeliner you will never use.
To make this easy for you, I have 11 basic makeup essentials that you should have with product suggestions that are perfect for beginners. These cosmetics are must haves that I know and love based off of my 15 years as a makeup artist and I think you will love them just as well. Putting together your personal makeup bag doesn’t have to be overwhelming; just use this checklist as a guide and you will have everything you need to get started.
Basic Makeup Essentials Checklist
- 1 Foundation
- 1 Concealer
- 1 Blush
- 1 Bronzer
- 1 Highlighter
- 1 Eyeliner
- 1 Mascara
- 1 Brow pencil
- 1 Neutral Eyeshadow palette
- 2 Lipsticks 1 Gloss
- 1 Makeup Brush Set
Basic Makeup Essentials Product Guide
1) Foundation: One basic makeup essential everyone thinks of first is foundation because it evens out your skintone and gives you a flawless complexion. However, if you don’t like foundation, opt for or a tinted moisturizer instead and watch this tutorial on how to apply foundation here.
2) Concealer: Concealer is important to have in order to awaken the under eyes and delete any blemishes from the skin. We all have a pimple we want to go away every now and again.
3) 1 Blush: Blush is an important makeup basic because it adds life and color to your skin. Be careful though, you don’t want to add too much blush. If you are new to makeup, remember, you can always add more.
4) 1 Bronzer: Bronzer is an everyday makeup essential when used in moderation. You want to be easy handed when you apply it and only use it in the correct areas of the face for slight contouring.
5) 1 Highlighter: For soft, illuminated, and glowing skin, a highlighter will do the trick. It’s one of the best beauty tips for any makeup beginner.
- NARS Multiple Stick
- Benefit Watt’s Up Highlighter
6) 1 Eyeshadow Palette: Eyeshadow Palettes are a basic essential to a good makeup bag. With that said, you don’t need more than one eyeshadow palette for everyday use. For beginners, I would recommend getting a basic everyday eyeshadow palette that is neutral in color so that it will go with a majority of your clothing choices. For makeup junkies that are pairing down, customize a makeup palette for yourself with the eyeshadows you know you will use daily.
7) 1 Eyeliner: Having an eyeliner is important for those moments when you want to bump up your makeup from daytime to night! I would suggest getting one in black and in a retractable pencil form.
8) 1 Mascara: Mascara is definitely an essential in my book. If you are going to do it, though, get black.
9) 1 Brow Pencil or Powder: Brows are an essential to making any makeup, whether minimal or dramatic, look its best. Please do not skip this basic beauty essential for every day use. It’s important. If you need a step by step tutorial on how to apply your basic brow, check this blog post out.
Brow Product Suggestions:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
10) 2 Lipsticks and 1 Gloss: Lipstick or gloss is an important basic makeup essential. I would suggest having a few lipstick and gloss options to choose from based on your comfort. With that said, do me a favor and include at least one lipstick shade that is different from what you usually wear..red is a start.
Lip Product Suggestions:
11) Makeup Brushes: Makeup brushes are an investment, but they are an essential no matter how basic your makeup is going to be. One of the best ways to get your basic makeup brushes at a good price is to buy them in a set. Makeup Brush Suggestions:
Note- There are affiliate links within this post. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.
Original article and pictures take http://citizensofbeauty.com/beauty-reviews/basic-makeup-essentials-every-day-use/ site