We all have those beauty essentials that have become such a big part of your routine that you can't imagine not having them by your side. Mine have definitely changed over the years that I've been wearing makeup, but I think I've finally found 7 items that are going to be with me for the foreseeable future.
1. Round Topped Buffing Brush: No matter how good a foundation is I always think it's what you apply it with that can make or break it. Over the years, I've learned that I'm never going to be as skilled as Lisa Eldridge with a traditional paint style brush so for me a buffing brush is my best friend. There are three that I absolutely love and swear by which are the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, Zoeva Silk Finish Brush, and Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
2. Lip Balm: If I had to pick between a lip balm and a lipstick, the balm would win every time. My lips are a real trouble area and need a lot of of TLC to keep them in tip top shape. I've tried so many balms that have promised relief from chapping and cracking, but they've made the problem a lot worse. I swear by the Dior Creme de Rose, Nuxe Reve de Miel and Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream.
3. Radiant Foundation: For years, foundation has been my favourite beauty product to buy and wear. The right one can give a huge confidence boost, my tastes have really changed, nowadays I prefer to go for something more illuminating as it helps my dull complexion. I'm sure many would go for a concealer, but I find with the right foundation you can build up coverage and hide any blemishes or dark circles. Some of my favourites are YSL Youth Liberator, Rimmel Match Perfection and L'oreal True Match.
4. Blush: Whether it's a cream or powder formula, I will always reach for a blush. It brings so much life to my face and I love having a flush of colour to my skin. In the A/W, I always tend to go for deep berry and mauve shades as I think they stunning against fair skin. Then in S/S when my skin is a little less Snow White, I go for rosy shades or something with a brown undertone so that it slightly sculpts the skin. A few of my favourites include Tarte Exposed Blush, Stila Convertible Colour in Lilium and Maxfactor Creme Puff Blush in Lavish Mauve.
5. Mascara: An absolute staple for so many of us, even if I'm wearing nothing else I will always try to slick on some mascara to help open my eyes up. Even though, I'm naturally dark haired my lashes seem to be quite light so even just one coat helps to define the area. Something that I've done for years is layered two mascaras, that way I get the best qualities from each and create the lash look that I love. The best I've found are the YSL Babydoll, Rimmel Lash Accelerator and MeMeMe Dark and Divine Lash*.
6. Chemical Exfoliant: Whenever I write about my skincare routine I always mention how much my skin loves chemical exfoliants. Whether it's salicylic or glycolic acid my skin laps it up and since introducing them it's completely changed the condition of it. As I've suffered from bad skin in the past it's left me with quite a few scars and I never found a good way to fade them until now. They keep my skin reasonably spot and scar free so they will always have a firm place in my routine, favourites include La Roche Posay Clarifying Toner*,Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Toner and Pixi Glow Tonic.
7. Deep Cleansing Mask: I used to steer clear of masks that were deep cleansing as I didn't want to make my skin any worse than it was. It took me a long time to learn that with regular use, a clarifying mask can really improve the condition of the skin. As I'm prone to congested pores I like to try my best to keep on top of that, but I'm wary of what I use. I don't like anything that dries down so much that you can barely move your face as they tend to make my skin quite aggravated. My favourites are Aesop Parsley Seed Masque, Una Brennan Tea Flower Mask and Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask.
What are your ultimate beauty essentials?
Original article and pictures take http://www.fromroses.co.uk/blog/omroses.co.uk/2015/04/7-life-long-beauty-essentials.html site